(Need Data)Lectures are divided in three academic fields below. As part of this series, the most prestigious Life Science speakers have been invited to speak during Mendel Lectures, which are held in the Mendel Museum´s Augustinian Abbey Refectory at Mendel Square.
1. Bootcamp by Mr. Kaushik Mukherjee for PTVA students as well as EDP participants : Mr. Kaushik Mukherjee is the co founder of India’s fastest growing cosmetics brand ‘Sugar’ and beauty subscription package ‘Fab bag’. He conducted a boot camp on 10th January 2019 on ‘How to convert an Idea into Project and Project to Product’ for PTVA students as well as EDP participants.
2. COEI had the unique opportunity of hosting a meeting with Consul General of Israel Mr. Ya’akov Finklestein on 10th April 2019. The Consul General understood the work done by COEI, interacted with the incubatees and was positively inclined to start a dialogue between COEI and the Israeli Consulate. Following aspects of possible tie-ups with Israel and Israeli Institutions was discussed in the form of :
▪ Visit to Israel Consulate in Mumbai as a first step.
▪ Paid/ Unpaid projects/ internships in India based Israeli companies for students of PTVAIM
▪ Exchange Programs in the area of Entrepreneurial Development and other areas of interests of students.
▪ Joint Courses in the area of entrepreneurship and research
▪ Post-doctoral research opportunities for faculty members
▪ International Conference hosted by PTVAIM in the area of sustainable Farming systems: A platform to share Israel’s and India’s farming innovations
▪ Possible collaborations in the field of Agriculture.
▪ Scholarship programmes for Indian Students in Israel.
▪ Training programmes for Professors from India, in Israel.
▪ Collaborated learning programmes between India and Israel, benefiting both the Countries.
The Consul General responded very favourable to all the ideas stated above and promised to surely help build a good nexus between the Consulate and PTVAIM. He spoke especially of Mashav program for teachers and urged everyone to consider applying for the same.
This meeting was followed by the visit of Deputy Consul General of Israel Mr. Nimrod Kalmar and two of their cadets Ms. Halevy and Ms. Yakhnes on 22nd May, 2019. They conducted a session with COEI faculty, volunteers, incubatees and also the incubatees from SP-TBI on Start-up eco-system in Israel.
3. Interactions and possible tie-up opportunities with Maniben Nanavati Women’s College : COEI has intensified its outreach activities. Maniben Nanavati Women’s College affiliated to SNDT University had invited Dr. Sucheta Pawar and Ridhima Mahabal on 26th April, 2019 to the college to address their teachers and guide them regarding the function and role of incubation centre and how to start an incubation centre in their campus. The session was a great success. We are currently in the process of creating and signing MoU with Maniben Nanavati College, it will mutually enable colleges to be one another’s talent and resource partner.